Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My reflection before going Cambodia- Yanping

The first thought when I first decided to join Serve Cambodia 2006 is that this is my final chance to go with the school to experience something different and make more friends. I’ve already joined 2 camps in year 1 and 2. I need something different. I decided to join serve trip after I being through the module in my 3.2 called the Work-Integrated-Learning. This module taught me a lot especially about service learning which I guess I could further more get more from Serve Cambodia 2006.

In order to successfully proceed with the trips, many preparations are made and before everything could be started, we needed a team. Our team, 22 persons plus 2 tutors have been rather bonded even before we had our bonding camp. This is actually rather surprising. I would never imagine how this could be done.

Heading to Cambodia in less than 12hours time makes me realize that the whole team is actually sharing a common vision and hence this vision brought us together, bonded and working well together. Well, at least I hope that this bond will last even over at Cambodia. I know conflicts might have already been created during this period of preparation, everyone has learnt to bear with it and I guess this would be a very good chance for me to learn this life-skill of holding my temper as Miss Chew said. After all being over at another stranger country, it’s the best time to curb some bad habits and temper already.

It is really near to leaving my house for airport to meet up with the team. The excitement really does build up. I really wish to experience a completely different life which we had seen in local. A simpler life which seems much more unfortunate but who knows what the people of Cambodia are thinking? Being poor might not be too bad cause often city people had worried far too much about money. “Money is the root of all evil”. I somehow felt that they are living happier than us. They are striving very hard to live and yet in local, we see many trying to leave the world. They don’t have everything that this world could provide such as clean water, sufficient food and stuff, yet they want to live. In local, we have almost all we wanted to have, some chose to die. How ironic? I wish that by experiencing this difference of life will bring me better insights of life.

As one of the year 3s, I think I got the responsible to take care of the welfare of the teams; especially there are a lot of younger juniors in the team. Well, I guess it would be mutual roles of taking care. I hope I could help the team as much as possible with my given ability. Being a big sister may not be easy but I will try. I don’t want to let myself nor the tutors down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home