Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Pre-trip reflection - Hwee Yim

In another few more hours, I'm going to meet my team at Changi Airport. I'm looking forward to the trip and working together with the rest of my team. Its the first time I'm leaving my parents for another place for 15 days without them around.

I became interested about the serve trips during the freshies orientation. I wanted to go for the trip is because I had not experience community service at another country before. Its a good time for me to experience it. I had been leading a good life since I was born and had no real experience of how poverty is like. I had never been to a third world country and through this opportunity, I'm able to know more about the lifestyle and culture.

Some people may ask me why do I have to go all the way to other country to do community service where we could also help the society in Singapore. In Singapore, there are helping hands everywhere while in third world country like Cambodia, millions of kids out there, searching for helping hands and warmth.

I join this trip is also to get to know more new friends. Some of us really bond before the actual trip. But will we still as bonded after the trip? I join this trip is also to train up on my leadership skills. I believe leadership skills can be improved on through getting myself hands on.

I was selected to be the I/C for logistics. I had never do logistics before and I had a hard time esp during the bonding camp where me and my partner had to rush the logistics stuffs. As both of us had no experience of doing logistics before, we had a hard time getting things done. But luckily, guidance from the more experience ones had really help us alot in getting the things started.

I hope for a good trip to Cambodia and a good team working together. Bringing joy and warmth to them, hoping to add more colours to their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home