Tuesday, September 26, 2006

pre trip reflection from siwei.

i have heard about serve cambodia the first semester i entered ngee ann poly. i have friends who joined but i didnt think much of it. didnt really expected me to have joined in the end as well. the main reason for me to join serve cambodia is because i hope to share and help and of cause, to learn.

since young, i have been leading a good life even though i grow up in a single parent family. i am considered lucky enough because i still have my mum. children over at cambodia are ophans and i hope to bring joy over to them. i do feel that life in singapore is great and still, we kids still complain over slightest of things. so i hope, after the trip, i will be more sensitive to life and be more mature along the way.

when i was young, my mum often brought me to homes for the elderly to help them and stuff. as i grow up, these activities lessened. i miss the feeling when i helped people. when they smiled and laugh when you do things to help them. i will feel very good. this time round, i am determined to share the fun and happiness in me, together with the kids over in cambodia. i just enjoyed bringing laughter to people around me. i wan to do a part in spreading happiness around this world.

this will be a great learning opportunity for me to learn to be independent. it will be the first time i leave my home, my family for such a long period of time, to a foreign and unfamiliar place. its a once in a life time experience to me and i guess if i were to miss this trip, i will definitely miss lots of things to learn and lots more.

i believe this trip, will not only benefit the kids at cambodia. we will also benefit from it. we are not helping and serving them only. we are also learning from them. the different lifestyles that we have. there is too muach a difference. if they were to live our lifestyle, they will be happy and glad. if we were to live their lifestyle now, will we be able to take it? just pondering.

all in all, i am going to learn and to serve. this will be a very fruitful trip for me. i will cherish this alot as not many people have the chance to go and see the outside world. buddies of serve cam! i believe we can work very well, hand in hand to help to serve right? lets work hard together and cheers!! this is getting exciting for me. just a few hours left and i have to coop on my own without my family around me. after this trip, i will be another new person. this will most likely be a turning point in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home