Monday, September 25, 2006

pre trip post by peiwen

This is not my first time going to Cambodia, in fact it is my second because I am still so in love with that place. Cambodia is a place very rich in culture and heritage. Even though the people there may not have the best environment to live in, they are still very much blessed with various organizations and missionaries groups to relief their situations there.

Being in Singapore makes me feel very fortunate when I compare myself to other people. Most of my needs are being met and I do not have to fret over the basic needs of life. Unlike me, the Cambodia children may even have to worry about their 3 meals and a shelter for them to stay under, so what is going to happen next in their life and what is their future? They probably won’t even know the answer themselves. The more fortunate children would probably have a roof under their heads, meals being taken care of and even a school to study in. But the unfortunate ones do not even have clothes to wear.

Many times I would think I can help the children there and try my best by providing them their needs, it is true I can help them but also in fact they are the ones that help me learn and giving the experience I would not have if I did not choose to go on the trip. It helps me to learn to be contented and see beyond my own needs and being exposed to the world out there.

This team is made up of people with different personalities and characters. As far as it is, within a group, there will definitely be different opinions. The bonding camp was like training ground for all of us when we learn to work with one another. So I think it is very important for everyone to have open heart and mind to be ready to accept each other. That is a part of growing and experiencing. I believe it is essential as well in the future in handling human relations.

I believe every trip is different. Even though I would likely know what I would probably expect there in terms of environment and people, but unexpected events will still occur. I am someone who does not like changes; therefore I hope to be able to adapt myself in every situation I face.

Some of the objectives I have the trip I hope to achieve is I hope to bless the children with what I have, build friendships in this team and gaining new perspectives different from the previous trip.


I hope that all of us can have fun and learning something valuable from this trip…:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home