Monday, October 30, 2006

My Post Trip Reflections - Ginni :D

Ever since I’m back from Cambodia, I wish for a time machine. I hope that this time machine would stop at the time when we’re in Cambodia. But I know that this is IMPOSSIBLE.
So, the only thing i can do is to treasure these unforgettable memories.

Before the start of the trip, we’re asked if this is more of a service or learning trip. And i cannot find the answer. but after the trip, I personally feel that this is more of a learning trip rather than a service trip. Reason being very simple, i think what i had learnt from them had exceeded the services i had given them.

Every now and then, I would think of the times we spent over at Cambodia. The wide smile on the children’s faces, the laughter of the children, the hugs and kisses given from the children and most importantly the sincerity of the children is something that would make me smile from the bottom of my heart whenever I think of it. Cause it’s just too sweet and this is the kind of feeling that one can never experience in Singapore.

To me, I had learnt many valuable lessons from there. These are the lessons that taught me to grow and to become a better person. I learnt how to be less rash and to be more responsible for my own actions. And that I have to learn how to think before I speak.

Sincerity. All of us have been saying that the sincerity of the people there is nothing as compared to Singapore. The act of helping but asking for nothing in return is something that touches our heart. But yet, are we able to apply that sincerity in our daily lives? Maybe we’ll be more appreciative to our surroundings, but will it last long? And for that, I’m guilty of it. I believe after this trip, we’ll all learn to treat others with more sincerity than before.

The act of putting others before self is another very prominent value we see in the cambodians kids. Even though they had very little pocket money, they are willing to use that money to buy ice cream for us. Just to thank us for sending/accompanying them to school.

Food was simple and mostly one dish meal. Yet, I enjoyed it. Simplicity is still the best. But the one thing I feel bad about was that the children over there ate much more than us even though they’re younger and smaller size than us. This was one of the reasons why we didn’t dare to sit with them at first.

The kids over there weren’t scared of boredom at all unlike us who often find friends to go out once we’re bored. They “settled” it without a single cent spent. They played simple games like London bridge is falling down, making a flute out of papaya leaf stalk and etc.

During the 15 days, there were unhappiness among ourselves, the team and each other. Much misunderstanding occurred. Each of us thought that we’re unhappy with each other and hence didn’t dare to approach each other. This made the situation worse. In the end, the team split. All of us know that, but nobody had taken the first move (including ME)to patch things up and to be ONE UNITED TEAM again. Back in Singapore, where all of us have our own schedule, own group of friends and the question lies, will we be able to get back as a team?

But despite the unhappiness, I believe all of us had enjoyed the trip as much as i did. The joy we received from them, the beauitful scenery, shopping and etc had surpassed the unhappiness within us.

All in all, the 15 days spent in Cambodia are the best 15 days of my life. And if I were to be given a chance to go back, I would definitely not say "nO".















THANK YOU SERVE CAMBODIA FOR GIVING ME THE BEST MEMORIES I EVER HAD

THANK YOU SERVE CAMBODIA 06 TEAM MATES FOR GIVING ME THE BEST FRIENDSHIPS.

I LOVE SERVE CAMBODIA 2006 !! :D




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home