Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Post Trip Reflection By Siwei

15 days of life in a country I have never thought of going before. The longest trip ever since I was born, but seems to be the shortest one. The one which I thought to give more but I received more. This 15 days have been engraved in my heart and will not be forgotten for the rest of my life. The moments, memories, lessons learned has already been imprinted in me.

Before the trip, we have been told that this is a serve and learn trip. And I thought, I go to Cambodia, I will serve as I learn and it goes fifty fifty. Now that I am back, I felt that I had learnt more than I serve. What we had given them might be something material. But what I have learnt is something money cant buy.

Being a videographer, I do not usually join in activities. I watched and take down moments and so, I tend to see things which my team members cant see. Its like they are in a box interacting and playing with the kids and I am outside the box seeing each and every emotions of them. I realize that the kids there are easily satisfied. They have nothing more to ask for. Looking at myself, thou living in a fully developed country, I can never be satisfied with the things I have. Singapore is improving all the time and we will always ask for the better. When will we learn to be satisfied?

We kids staying in Singapore are so lucky to the extend which we do not know we are lucky. On the games day in FGAC, I was kind of worried when I saw the games that the kids over there are going to play. Feed the monster, the lost gem, spider web and others. These are the games which even primary school kids here do not even give a glance at. The games started, as I walked and took videos, one 19 year old teenager, Roth Chearn, ran towards me and said “Brother pig!! I got full points while playing the ping pong game and others are so fun!!” He was jumping around happily, being so proud of himself, enjoying himself to the fullest. I cried upon seeing that. They get so happy over games that we do not play anymore.

Since young, I had lost my dad. Tears do rolled when I think of my dad at times. I do miss him. But after the trip, I learned to be strong, to cherish what I have now. Kids over there do not even have any family members and they live everyday to the fullest. So why should I get sad over the slightest of things that happen in Singapore.

They taught me alot. These things can never be learnt in lessons. This trip is more than a fruitful one. Too many things I have learnt and too many things I have seen and gone through during the trip. The true friendships, the care and concern among the team, the helpfulness of everyone, the respect given are all that I have gained. Words can only convey limited messages. Nothing can describe the feeling within me for this trip, how much I love it, how much I cherish it, how important it is to me. If I have to give and example on how much I love serve Cambodia, I can only say, it is like the universe. Somehow, I think I still have lots to say, so, when I am free, I will blog again. No matter what, I have to say, I LOVE SERVE CAMBODIA!! take care guys.

sign off by,
brother pig..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home